BootsnAll is one of my premier go-to sites for travel related information. For anyone contemplating a RTW (round the world) trip. This is the place to start. Recently, they had a 30 Day Challenge, in which they highlighted a question a day for 30 days for travel bloggers. In 2012 BootsnAll will be issuing one challenge/task/subject each week in 2012 for bloggers to write about. BootsnAll’s Indie Travel Challenge 2012
Week #2 prompt poses the question of the Indie Traveler. What is an Indie traveler and am I one?
To me an Indie (Independant) Traveler would have at least some of the following attributes:
– Someone that is ok with not following the crowd.
– Someone who lives for the moment; taking it all in. Whether in Seattle or Siem Reap.
– Someone not afraid to step out of the box and try something new.
– Someone that is willing to laugh at the difficult times and take joy in the good times.
– Someone willing to share simply for the joy of sharing.
– Someone open minded enough to realize that it’s ok if they eat dogs for dinner.
– Someone that realizes that being lost is half the fun.
– Someone that delights in learning something new.
– Someone that knows how to improvise.
– Someone that finds a way to connect to another regardless of language.
Are you an Indie Traveler? What attributes do you think of when you hear the term Indie Traveler?